Who Needs This
Managers who want to increase their impact and effectiveness as managers.
What It Covers
This program covers critical management skills such as communication, delegation, influence, motivation and goal setting.
The series is divided into seven modules:
Focuses on the core beliefs, attitudes, disciplines and behaviours necessary for successful managers and personal leaders.
- Achieving short-term milestones and long-term results in an organisation
- Developing the 5 essentials of personal leadership: Learning, Purpose, Drive, Relationship and Decisiveness
- Challenging personal belief system for higher performance
- Creating personal development plan
Personal Leadership is for high performance individuals who desire greater impact.
Module 2: Managing People
Modules 2, 3 and 4 are for newly appointed managers.
Focuses on the foundations of management, including:
- The vital role of managers
- What managers do
- Understanding people in the workplace
- The value of work
- Setting goals and outcomes
- Delegation and working with others
- Motivating and building energy
- Listening and effective communication
- Running an effective meeting
- Creating an open and positive environment
Module 3: Improving Performance
Focuses on improving the performance of the individuals and the team, including:
- Raising the level of performance
- Creating accountability
- Gaining commitment
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Key requirements for performance improvement in an organisation
- Decision making
- The hierarchy of decisions
- Using decisions to create action
Module 4: Building the Team
Focuses on building and growing the capability of your team through effective collaboration and management coaching.
- The coaching management style
- Dealing with challenging performance issues
- Building collaboration through effective meetings
- Collaboration through communication tools
- Building an effective team
- Creativity through brainstorming
Module 5: Pivotal Leadership
Modules 5, 6 and 7 are for managers of managers. Those who lead a function or department.
Focuses on the essentials of leadership for organisational performance and success, including:
- The principles of leadership impact
- Revealing the critical role of pivotal leaders and the three important relationships they manage
- Developing a high quality leadership relationship with those around us
- Using decisions to create change
- Creating confidence in the future
- Dealing with poor performance
- Aligning the performance of our teams
- Establishing the culture of our organisation
Module 6: Engaging the Organisation
Focuses on improving the quality of engagement between the manager and the rest of the organisation, including:
- The principles of influence without authority
- Developing effective communication skills
- Creating effective presentations
Module 7: Accelerating Growth
Focuses on the manager’s role in building a high performance organisation, including:
- Leadership intent and your operating and business model
- Structuring your organisation
- Effective recruitment and building talent
- Promoting someone to a higher level of responsibility and accountability
- Termination, dismissal and removing poor performers
- Dealing with a crisis
At the end of the session, the delegates will understand the unique values they provide as managers and leaders to their organisation. They will also acquire foundational capabilities such as coaching management and practical management skills.
The Programme Structure
This content-based coaching engagement will be conducted in small groups of four to six delegates. The series will be delivered through the natural cycles of work, such as meetings or events within the organisation instead of seminar-styled sessions. This minimises cost and avoids taking delegates away from their work.
The essence of this programme is on the application of the concepts. Throughout the programme, the coach will encourage delegates to apply what they learn into work to create positive change.